A UBC researcher finds that calves experience emotions like depression and anxiety.Read more...
The more women there are on a corporate board the less a company pays for its acquisitions, according to a new study by researchers at UBC’s Sauder School of Business.
Large fish traps in the Persian Gulf could be catching up to six times more fish than what’s being officially reported, according to the first investigation of fish catches from space conducted by University of British Columbia scientists.
A popular combination therapy that includes inhaled corticosteroids has been deemed safe by researchers. A popular combination asthma therapy dogged by safety concerns has not harmed British Columbians and should
UBC Okanagan student Eric Huang earned raves on Reddit, the wildly popular news-sharing site, for his ability to explain the intricacies of computer programming.
- CBC Early Edition ‐ Thailand unrest
- CBC The National ‐ PTSD-suffering veteran speaks out about suicide attempt
- Globe BC ‐ Court gives clinic permission to destroy sperm
- Globe and Mail ‐ Canadians slowly adjusting to new allergenic food guidelines
- National Post ‐ Bad days may make the good ones better: study
- Vancouver Sun ‐ Our dream jobs
- Vancouver Sun ‐ Sexual banter in the workplace: Harassment or a tolerated social norm?
- Globe and Mail ‐ Failure to add value to resource wealth chains Canada to its colonial past
- Harvard Business Review ‐ Getting people to publicly support a cause can be counterproductive
- Vancouver Sun ‐ Would you let researchers access your health care data?
- The Province ‐ Football out of crosshairs … for now
- CKNW ‐ Not just humans who can see glass half empty, half full
- EU fishing fleets reap profits while taxpayers foot the bill
- Disputed asthma therapy has safe record in B.C.: UBC-VCH study
- UBC makes changes to strengthen sport review and reduce team uncertainty
- Google Earth reveals untold fish catches
- $2-million gift supports advancement of women and diversity in business
- A touch of garlic helps kill contaminants in baby formula
- Women directors better at mergers and acquisitions
- Scientists find brain region that helps you make up your mind
- UBC researchers named fellows of the American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Climate change may disrupt butterfly flight seasons
- 15 Canada Research Chairs valued at $12M for UBC
- International Reporting Program takes home three COPAs
- Don’t hold the anchovies: Study shows Peruvian fish worth more as food than as feed
- Social networks make us smarter
- News media reinforce sexual exploitation stereotypes
- UBC Athletics proposes criteria for sporting excellence
- Slacktivism: ‘Liking’ on Facebook may mean less giving
- Horrors of war harden group alliances
- UBC welcomes RCMP drawing of suspect: Urges anyone with tips to come forward
- UBC grad scores big on CBC’s Dragon’s Den
- Google Earth reveals untold fish catches 45,407 views
- Scientists find brain region that helps you make up your mind 38,485 views
- Horrors of war harden group alliances 10,745 views
- Social news site Reddit explodes with praise for first-year UBC student 9,215 views
- Social networks make us smarter 8,806 views
- Don’t hold the anchovies: Study shows Peruvian fish worth more as food than as feed 8,419 views
- A touch of garlic helps kill contaminants in baby formula 6,894 views
- Women directors better at mergers and acquisitions 6,586 views
- $2-million gift supports advancement of women and diversity in business 6,127 views
- Slacktivism: 'Liking' on Facebook may mean less giving 5,017 views
Failure to add value to resource wealth chains Canada to its colonial pastA modernization of Canada’s economy is needed to support and sustain the country’s resources, write UBC researchers Harry Nelson and Ngaio Hotte. Read more...
- Thu Dec 5 2013, 8 PM - 9:30 PM
- St. John's College