UBC business prof explains how stores fuel a buying frenzy, and what consumers get out of it.Read more...
Three UBC researchers are among the first to receive funding from the British Columbia Alzheimer's Research Award Program.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC launch new USL pro team and provide update on national soccer development at UBC
Soccer fans in Metro Vancouver will soon have a new professional team to cheer for.
- Globe and Mail ‐ Canadian biotech companies aim to be eaten by bigger fish
- Globe and Mail ‐ Ontario announces funding for stem cell institute
- Vancouver Sun ‐ Vancouver’s status on list of best university cities soars
- Vancouver Sun ‐ Elections yield mixed on gender front
- Vancouver Sun ‐ Proposed tax reforms target growing income inequality
- Province ‐ Confessions Facebook pages can show hardships of university life
- Province ‐ Islamophobia real, poll of Canadians finds
- Three UBC professors receive $4M for Alzheimer’s research
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC launch new USL pro team and provide update on national soccer development at UBC
- Rare disease research awarded $2.3M
- Future of Okanagan and UBC directly linked: university president
- Founding Google investor Cheriton donates $7.5 million to UBC computer science
- New centre to analyze problem gambling
- Major new grant to fuel social innovation and entrepreneurship at UBC
- UBC makes football coaching change
- Countries with poor marine safety records linked to oil spill vessels
- UBC researchers aim to simplify life saving drug
- Black Republicans put most faith in U.S. government
- UBC puts $26.9 million to work for 70 research projects
- One drop will do: UBC researchers develop a simple test for vitamin B12 deficiency
- Indira Samarasekera welcomed back to UBC
- Rapid test to diagnose severe sepsis
- UBC gets $11.6M boost for 16 Canada Research Chairs
- Loss of big predators could leave herbivores in a thorny situation
- Enzyme may be key to stopping fatal sepsis outcomes
- UBC receives $3.8M for Survive and Thrive Applied Research facility
- Fish moving poleward at rate of 26 kilometres per decade
- Founding Google investor Cheriton donates $7.5 million to UBC computer science 1,974 views
- Street View for the Bronze Age 1,859 views
- Canada joins the fight against ISIS 1,788 views
- Study reveals ‘unhappiest’ cities in the U.S. 1,407 views
- One drop will do: UBC researchers develop a simple test for vitamin B12 deficiency 1,357 views
- Group effort 1,197 views
- Doctor’s orders 998 views
- The ugly truth about sexual harassment 944 views
- Casey Appleseed 829 views
- Upward Arc 794 views
No need for an election day holidayMaking an election day a holiday in Canada would be a bad idea, says UBC political scientist David Moscrop. Read more here..
The UBC Thunderbirds won the team title at the 35th NAIA Women’s Cross Country Championship in dominant fashion this weekend.
- Wed Nov 26 2014, 6 PM - 8 PM
- Central Library, 350 West Georgia St.