UBC’s Elizabeth Dunn on how to make the most of Christmas gift giving and how it really is better to give than receive.Read more...
The more women there are on a corporate board the less a company pays for its acquisitions, according to a new study by researchers at UBC’s Sauder School of Business.
UBC Okanagan student Eric Huang earned raves on Reddit, the wildly popular news-sharing site, for his ability to explain the intricacies of computer programming.
- The Guardian ‐ More women on boards saves companies money on acquisitions
- Scientific American ‐ Helen’s Choice: Female multiple mating in the natural world
- Vancouver Sun ‐ Japan’s largest air carrier to start daily flights to YVR
- Vancouver Sun ‐ Opinions split on Northern Gateway: poll
- Vancouver Sun ‐ Canada must get up to speed on developing trade with Asia
- The Province ‐ Intelligent flirting part of the game
- Globe and Mail ‐ Ranking Canada’s economic departments
- UBC finalizes criteria for sport review
- EU fishing fleets reap profits while taxpayers foot the bill
- Disputed asthma therapy has safe record in B.C.: UBC-VCH study
- UBC makes changes to strengthen sport review and reduce team uncertainty
- Google Earth reveals untold fish catches
- $2-million gift supports advancement of women and diversity in business
- A touch of garlic helps kill contaminants in baby formula
- Women directors better at mergers and acquisitions
- Scientists find brain region that helps you make up your mind
- UBC researchers named fellows of the American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Climate change may disrupt butterfly flight seasons
- 15 Canada Research Chairs valued at $12M for UBC
- International Reporting Program takes home three COPAs
- Don’t hold the anchovies: Study shows Peruvian fish worth more as food than as feed
- Social networks make us smarter
- News media reinforce sexual exploitation stereotypes
- UBC Athletics proposes criteria for sporting excellence
- Slacktivism: ‘Liking’ on Facebook may mean less giving
- Horrors of war harden group alliances
- UBC welcomes RCMP drawing of suspect: Urges anyone with tips to come forward
- Google Earth reveals untold fish catches 46,202 views
- Scientists find brain region that helps you make up your mind 40,224 views
- Don’t hold the anchovies: Study shows Peruvian fish worth more as food than as feed 10,537 views
- Social news site Reddit explodes with praise for first-year UBC student 10,501 views
- Social networks make us smarter 9,175 views
- Women directors better at mergers and acquisitions 7,818 views
- A touch of garlic helps kill contaminants in baby formula 7,618 views
- $2-million gift supports advancement of women and diversity in business 6,679 views
- UBC makes changes to strengthen sport review and reduce team uncertainty 4,100 views
- Dehorning Daisy? Better make it painless 3,738 views
Failure to add value to resource wealth chains Canada to its colonial pastA modernization of Canada’s economy is needed to support and sustain the country’s resources, write UBC researchers Harry Nelson and Ngaio Hotte. Read more...
BC Athletics named Luc Bruchetthe Senior Male Cross Country Runner of the Year.
Dr. Dory Nason wins 2013 UBC Killam Teaching Prize Nason’s areas of research include contemporary Indigenous Feminisms and related Native women’s intellectual history and literature.
- Tue Dec 10 2013, 7 PM - 9 PM
- Engineering, Management and Education Building, Okanagan campus