UBC experts are available to comment in the wake of U.S. President Barack Obama’s veto of legislation approving the Keystone XL pipeline.Read more...
Professor Robin Lindsey, CN Chair in Transportation and International Logistics at UBC’s Sauder School of Business, says the proposed Congestion Tax is far from perfect, but may be better than the alternative.
With more than 100 million Facebook fans, his own museum, and a blossoming career as a male model with his own line of clothing, there’s no doubt Portuguese soccer sensation Cristiano Ronaldo is known for more than just his skills on the pitch.
UBC microbiologist J. Thomas Beatty, bioengineer John Madden and chemist Curtis Berlinguette are working across disciplines to develop a new generation of solar cells. Their inspiration? Mother nature.
A UBC marketing and behavioural science professor discusses how businesses will be utilizing social media during the Oscars to reach consumers.
The master’s degree that Samantha Hansford received from the University of British Columbia last spring was more than a personal academic achievement.
When you’re at the receiving end of partner abuse, it can be tough knowing exactly what to do or how to turn the situation around.
- Forbes ‐ The top rated internships of 2015
- Province ‐ UBC president Arvind Gupta on his university’s second century
- Vancouver Sun ‐ City gardens branch out
- Global BC1 ‐ Obama vetoes Keystone XL pipeline
- Times of India ‐ Students offer solutions to global malnutrition
- CBC Vancouver ‐ Metro Vancouver real estate bidding wars spreading to suburbs
- Alaska Highway News ‐ Vaccine rates vary across school districts in the Northeast
- CBC On the Coast ‐ Union Gospel Mission celebrates 75 year anniversary
- News 1130 ‐ Voting yes in transit referendum could raise home prices: expert
- UBC Engineering enrolls record number of women in 2014
- UBC students head to India to host international leadership conference
- How to rev up a sputtering relationship
- UBC graduate student helps unravel the genetic foundation of her own family’s tragedy
- High seas fishing ban could boost global catches, equality
- Caring youth-parent relations can be vital to preventing adolescent suicide attempts
- Pick a card, any card: Researchers show how magicians sway decision-making
- UBC’s first nursing school director celebrated as ‘person of national historic significance’
- UBC and University of Copenhagen share international professorship
- She wants to know what love is
- New UBC EMBA in mining to build next generation of leaders
- Cancer is not a game of roulette
- UBC Okanagan students examine social phenomenon of Cristiano Ronaldo
- Statement on sentencing of James Rupert
- Antibiotic-resistant E. coli detected on Vancouver farmers’ market produce
- Alumni UBC’s online project sharing platform supports those making a difference
- UBC Library acquires 800-year-old medieval Papal document
- $1 million in new scholarships for UBC athletes
- UBC physician does an about-face, based on her own research
- UBC Farm receives $1M grant from Real Estate Foundation of BC
- Mindfulness-based program in schools making a positive impact: UBC study 2,947 views
- UBC Okanagan students examine social phenomenon of Cristiano Ronaldo 1,993 views
- UBC Engineering enrolls record number of women in 2014 1,736 views
- She wants to know what love is 1,661 views
- Could Canadian homes be overvalued by as much as 30 per cent? 1,239 views
- UBC Library acquires 800-year-old medieval Papal document 1,175 views
- UBC graduate student helps unravel the genetic foundation of her own family’s tragedy 1,015 views
- Antibiotic-resistant E. coli detected on Vancouver farmers’ market produce 973 views
- Study reveals ‘unhappiest’ cities in the U.S. 797 views
- Q&A: $7.5B transit plan goes to referendum this Spring 747 views
Canadians should take privacy into their own handsUBC political scientist David Moscrop reviews recent legislation that impact Canadians’ privacy rights. Read more here...
1,000 alumni and friends of UBC will gather at the Vancouver Convention Centre Tuesday morning to reconnect over breakfast and raise money for student-athletes.
UBC EventsSteven Galloway with magician David Gifford
- Time: 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- Location: Chan Centre for the Performing Arts