Young farmers, often with university degrees, find alternative models to gain access to land.Read more...
Whether at Facebook, Google or local charities, students are discovering work they love through UBC’s co-op program.
A UBC PhD student has built a sophisticated tracking system that collects, analyzes and reports on the activities of nearly 100 African elephants in an effort to protect these threatened animals and understand their
- Salon ‐ America’s most miserable cities, ranked
- CBC On the Coast ‐ NHL releases sustainability report
- Toronto Star ‐ Scientist makes ‘friends’ with a tapeworm
- Wired ‐ Mapping climate change on Tatooine
- PBS ‐ Why regulators should go to work on Wall Street
- Japan Times ‐ Legal sex work may slash HIV toll: study
- Vancouver Sun ‐ Rescued false killer whale nursing
- Vancouver Sun ‐ NPA unveils remainder of Vancouver council slate
- Vancouver Sun ‐ Affordable child care can bring economic and social benefits
- Bustle ‐ Are dogs like humans?
- Globe and Mail ‐ The partisan approach to Gaza is a discredit to Canada
- Seattle Times ‐ Once-common marine birds disappearing from our coast
- CBC The Current ‐ Do people with accents face discrimination?
- UBC releases former president’s expenses, commits to ongoing transparency
- Math research gets $6.25M in NSERC funding
- Mixed genes mix up the migrations of hybrid birds
- Study reveals ‘unhappiest’ cities in the U.S.
- Atlantic salmon also show capacity to adapt to warmer waters
- Physicians struggle to clinically diagnose early HIV infection
- Summer McJobs are good for kids, says Sauder study
- New satellite data like an ultrasound for baby stars
- UBC prepares to host Special Olympics Canada 2014 Summer Games
- ‘Microbe sniffer’ could point the way to next-generation bio-refining
- New chancellor, president begin UBC duties
- President’s Advisory Council on China announced
- UBC receives $2M gift from RBC Foundation
- Mobile app reads kids’ respiratory rate faster, more accurately
- Survey reveals discrimination, instability in Vancouver housing market
- Rapid rail line to Arbutus a solid first step in improving transit along Broadway corridor
- Job interviews reward narcissists, punish applicants from modest cultures
- New information system to transform how students interact with UBC
- Ontario election: UBC expert says major parties ignore younger generation
- UBC experts comment on Father’s Day
- UBC This Week 05-Jan-2012 19,413 views
- Study reveals ‘unhappiest’ cities in the U.S. 13,948 views
- UBC This Week 1-May-2014 13,626 views
- UBC This Week 03-April-2014 13,392 views
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences opens new Pharmacists Clinic 13,392 views
- UBC experts for B.C. election 11,190 views
- News media reinforce sexual exploitation stereotypes 10,132 views
- New Centre for Brain Health to unite research and patient care 6,738 views
- Scientists find brain region that helps you make up your mind 6,624 views
- 2014 UBC graduate snapshots 6,235 views
Reduce limits if harm increasesIn a letter to the editor of The Vancouver Sun, a UBC associate prof says that while not all car crashes are caused by speeding, resultant injuries are caused by speed. Read more...
The UBC Thunderbirds varsity athletics program will be well represented at the 20th Commonwealth Games, which begin July 23 in Scotland.
- Fri Jul 25 2014 - Sat Jul 26 2014, all day
- Okanagan campus