March 8 marks International Women’s Day. Professor Jennifer Berdahl discusses why despite progress in some areas, there remains a persistent wage gap and a dearth of women at the top of the organizational ladder.Read more...
Professor Robin Lindsey, CN Chair in Transportation and International Logistics at UBC’s Sauder School of Business, says the proposed Congestion Tax is far from perfect, but may be better than the alternative.
With more than 100 million Facebook fans, his own museum, and a blossoming career as a male model with his own line of clothing, there’s no doubt Portuguese soccer sensation Cristiano Ronaldo is known for more than just his skills on the pitch.
Forest scientists at UBC believe they’ve discovered the root cause of a deadly tree fungus: extra genes.
Dr. Chan Gunn, a pioneering Vancouver physician in the field of pain relief, is giving $5 million to UBC for construction of a new building devoted to exercise and sport medicine teaching, research and patient care.
A UBC-Chinese Academy of Sciences joint study shows that land cover plays as significant a role as climate change on the hydrology of watersheds.
Three engineering physics students at the University of British Columbia have developed a desktop plastic recycler and extruder that turns plastic waste into the material needed for 3D printing.
When you’re at the receiving end of partner abuse, it can be tough knowing exactly what to do or how to turn the situation around.
- Globe and Mail ‐ Canadian-helmed DSquared2 faces backlash over new fashion line
- CBC ‐ Port Metro Vancouver fire: What you need to know
- CTV ‐ First Nation lawsuit could impact controversial Site C dam
- Globe and Mail ‐ UBC stands behind vaccine studies discredited by WHO
- CTV ‐ Broadway bus pass-ups unacceptable: UBC president
- Vancouver Sun ‐ How reliable are Metro Vancouver’s transit ridership projections?
- Vancouver Sun ‐ UBC scientists find key to deadly poplar tree fungus
- Vancouver Sun ‐ Vancouver doctor donates $5 million to UBC for sports medicine
- The Province ‐ Real-estate exec on Chinese money
- Georgia Straight ‐ Group activity unites breast cancer survivors
- Georgia Straight ‐ Die Fledermaus is a positively effervescent production
- Business in Vancouver ‐ Vancouverites rely on Bank of Mom and Dad
- National Post ‐ Submarines in Canada’s shipbuilding procurement strategy
- UBC students launch desktop recycler that turns pop bottles into 3D printer plastic
- Pain relief pioneer donates $5 million for new UBC sport and exercise medicine centre
- UBC scientists uncover cause of tree-killing fungus
- Significant impact on water resources by land use change: UBC study
- Post-secondary leaders: Transit expansion needed to ensure campus access and boost region’s innovation economy
- Salish Sea seagull populations halved since 1980s
- UBC Engineering enrolls record number of women in 2014
- UBC students head to India to host international leadership conference
- How to rev up a sputtering relationship
- UBC graduate student helps unravel the genetic foundation of her own family’s tragedy
- High seas fishing ban could boost global catches, equality
- Caring youth-parent relations can be vital to preventing adolescent suicide attempts
- Pick a card, any card: Researchers show how magicians sway decision-making
- UBC’s first nursing school director celebrated as ‘person of national historic significance’
- UBC and University of Copenhagen share international professorship
- She wants to know what love is
- New UBC EMBA in mining to build next generation of leaders
- Cancer is not a game of roulette
- UBC Okanagan students examine social phenomenon of Cristiano Ronaldo
- Statement on sentencing of James Rupert
- UBC Engineering enrolls record number of women in 2014 2,194 views
- UBC Okanagan students examine social phenomenon of Cristiano Ronaldo 2,034 views
- She wants to know what love is 1,698 views
- Could Canadian homes be overvalued by as much as 30 per cent? 1,561 views
- Mindfulness-based program in schools making a positive impact: UBC study 1,250 views
- UBC graduate student helps unravel the genetic foundation of her own family’s tragedy 1,049 views
- Q&A: $7.5B transit plan goes to referendum this Spring 871 views
- A place in the Sun: A new generation of solar cells 835 views
- Study reveals ‘unhappiest’ cities in the U.S. 806 views
- Post-secondary leaders: Transit expansion needed to ensure campus access and boost region’s innovation economy 696 views
Post-secondary institutions key drivers of economyThe presidents of UBC and SFU speak out about the upcoming transit plebiscite in this op-ed in the Vancouver Sun. Read more here...
But You Don’t Look Aboriginal – Presentation with Michelle Aleksandrovics Lovegrove and Duncan McCue
- Thu, March 5: 12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- First Nations Longhouse