UBC’s Andrea Bundon and Paralympic skier Margarita Gorbounova bring the best out in each other at the Sochi Paralympic Games.Read more...
- Guardian ‐ Value from sewage? A new technology cleans up waste water
- USA Today ‐ Daylight saving brings risks with loss of sleep
- Wired ‐ Proposed California law would free SeaWorld’s orcas
- Vancouver Sun ‐ B.C. Investment Management Corp. dominates highest-paid list
- Jerusalem Post ‐ Silent but proud Judaism in Iran
- Columbus Dispatch ‐ Test will tell type of sinus infection
- Province ‐ Suicide attempt saved this man’s life
- Winnipeg Free Press ‐ Suffering, struggle amid celebration
- Vancouver Sun ‐ ‘Layton mania,’ social values drove breakthrough
- Globe and Mail ‐ Breaking down the silos of mental health care
- Vancouver Sun ‐ Substance trumps style in collection
- Globe and Mail ‐ What makes extreme athletes take risks?
- Vancouver Sun ‐ To counter racism, stop trying to be “culture blind”
- National Post ‐ A Will for trapping; A rape culture?
- Vancouver Sun ‐ Sensory deprivation tank leaves you feeling fulfilled
- National Post ‐ Creative classes
- CTV News ‐ Made-in-Canada device more easily monitors blood oxygen levels
- Vancouver Sun ‐ Opinion: City’s plan gets most things right
- CTV Vancouver ‐ Who killed Vancouver’s Babes in the Woods?
- Georgia Straight ‐ SkyTrain-like project in the national interest: Vancouver mayor
- UBC announces results of sport review, confirms varsity teams
- New Centre for Brain Health to unite research and patient care
- Cows are smarter when raised in pairs
- Philanthropists, human rights activist among 2014 honorary degree recipients
- Learning new ideas alters brain cells
- Researchers discover how to target and disable ‘bad apple’ proteins
- Scientists create powerful artificial muscle with fishing line
- University to tackle gender-based violence, Aboriginal stereotypes
- Study finds nothing so sweet as a voice like your own
- Researchers discover how ALS spreads
- UBC researchers named fellows of the American Association for the Advancement of Science
- South African healthcare workers face greater risk for TB, HIV
- Cat parasite found in western Arctic Beluga deemed infectious
- UBC applauds significant federal research funding commitment in Budget 2014
- Release of Vancouver Point Grey campus safety report; consultation begins
- UBC responds to First Nations education act
- New funding, strategy, put UBC in vanguard of B.C. innovation
- Want brand loyalty? Scare your customers
- UBC Innovation Strategy moves forward with appointment of Innovation Catalyst
- UBC affordable housing program targets top academic talent
- Researchers discover how ALS spreads 14,382 views
- Cat parasite found in western Arctic Beluga deemed infectious 9,346 views
- New Centre for Brain Health to unite research and patient care 7,849 views
- Spring forward? Is Daylight Saving Time worth it? 7,615 views
- UBC announces results of sport review, confirms varsity teams 7,232 views
- Learning new ideas alters brain cells 6,962 views
- New funding, strategy, put UBC in vanguard of B.C. innovation 5,012 views
- Scientists create powerful artificial muscle with fishing line 3,762 views
- Reading week? Let the life lessons begin 3,670 views
- Recharging your brain, one neuron at a time 3,312 views
Decision time: Canada needs new fighter jets – nowTime is up for the Harper government to make a decision about the future of Canada’s fighter jets, says UBC’s Michael Byers. Read more...
For more than 60 years, UBC researchers have led the global effort to understand, diagnose and treat the human brain.
- Mon Mar 10 2014, 5 PM - 6:30 PM
- Coach House, Green College, 6201 Cecil Green Park Rd.