A campus community begins the process of building new orientation traditions.Read more...
Atlanta International Airport is the most efficient airport in the world, according to a comprehensive ranking of global airports, conducted by UBC’s Sauder School of Business.
UBC is working actively to improve safety on its Vancouver Point Grey campus as students head back to school for the Winter Term that starts September 2.
- Vancouver Sun ‐ UBC reorients frosh events in wake of ‘rape chant’ scandal
- Vancouver Sun ‐ UBC project gets $2.6M to increase fisheries data in Asia, Africa
- Vancouver Sun ‐ Students struggle to find housing in Vancouver’s hot rental market
- Vancouver Sun ‐ Forget bike helmets
- Kelowna Daily Courier ‐ Combatting homesickness at university
- Buzzfeed ‐ These elaborate ball gowns were inspired by cancer cells
- Nature ‐ Sprinting salmon face tragic deaths
- Indy Star ‐ Ice bucket challenge: slacktivism?
- CBC News ‐ Ivory trade: Why elephant poaching is still rampant
- Georgia Straight ‐ Simon Fraser University poised to embrace Bitcoin
- Globe and Mail ‐ Former UBC professor facing voyeurism charges
- Globe and Mail ‐ ‘Smart’ seat could reduce whiplash injuries
- Globe and Mail ‐ How do we sidestep teaching gender stereotypes to our children?
- Salmon forced to ‘sprint’ less likely to survive migration
- Criminal charges against former UBC assoc. prof: UBC statement
- The Paul G. Allen Family Foundation grants $2.6 million to improve data on world fisheries
- Fish study links brain size to parental duties
- Global study ranks world’s most efficient airports for 2014
- Antibiotics in early life may alter immunity long-term
- Stronger drunk driving laws lead to safer roads: study
- Vancouver campus safety enhanced, further improvements planned
- Powerful math creates 3-D shapes from simple sketches
- UBC experts for comment on 100th anniversary of First World War
- Study reveals how African dictators stay in power
- Astronomers measure weight of galaxies, expansion of universe
- UBC develops test to ensure effectiveness of new hep C drug
- Goodbye Gayborhood: study finds gay neighbourhoods ‘straightening’
- UBC releases former president’s expenses, commits to ongoing transparency
- Math research gets $6.25M in NSERC funding
- Mixed genes mix up the migrations of hybrid birds
- Study reveals ‘unhappiest’ cities in the U.S.
- Atlantic salmon also show capacity to adapt to warmer waters
- Physicians struggle to clinically diagnose early HIV infection
- Study reveals ‘unhappiest’ cities in the U.S. 31,386 views
- UBC This Week 05-Jan-2012 14,265 views
- UBC This Week 1-May-2014 13,851 views
- UBC This Week 03-April-2014 12,068 views
- Goodbye Gayborhood: study finds gay neighbourhoods ‘straightening' 8,252 views
- UBC experts for B.C. election 7,395 views
- The return of El Niño 7,225 views
- New Centre for Brain Health to unite research and patient care 6,692 views
- Scientists find brain region that helps you make up your mind 6,288 views
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences opens new Pharmacists Clinic 6,228 views
The North Pole is a distractionCanadian surveying expeditions near the North Pole are unnecessary, according to a Globe and Mail op-ed by UBC's Michael Byers. Read more...
- Mon Apr 14 - Wed Dec 24
- Irving K. Barber Learning Centre Level 1, 1961 East Mall