New research finds that traditionally gay neighbourhoods are becoming increasingly “straight” places, and could be at risk of losing their distinct cultural identity.Read more...
Whether at Facebook, Google or local charities, students are discovering work they love through UBC’s co-op program.
UBC astronomers have collaborated with international researchers to calculate the precise mass of the Milky Way and Andromeda galaxies, dispelling the notion that the two galaxies have similar masses.
- Nature World News ‐ Hummingbirds outperform tiny helicopters
- Times of India ‐ 15 research-backed ways to make people like you
- Seattle Times ‐ Is Seattle’s ‘gayborhood’ vanishing?
- Globe and Mail ‐ Race undercuts discussion on Vancouver real estate affordability
- Yahoo! News Canada ‐ Summer anomaly brings chill to those between sweltering coasts
- CBC Power & Politics ‐ Senate-PMO scandal
- Vancouver Sun ‐ $24 billion a year sent home from Canada
- UBC experts for comment on 100th anniversary of First World War
- Study reveals how African dictators stay in power
- Astronomers measure weight of galaxies, expansion of universe
- UBC develops test to ensure effectiveness of new hep C drug
- Goodbye Gayborhood: study finds gay neighbourhoods ‘straightening’
- UBC releases former president’s expenses, commits to ongoing transparency
- Math research gets $6.25M in NSERC funding
- Mixed genes mix up the migrations of hybrid birds
- Study reveals ‘unhappiest’ cities in the U.S.
- Atlantic salmon also show capacity to adapt to warmer waters
- Physicians struggle to clinically diagnose early HIV infection
- Summer McJobs are good for kids, says Sauder study
- New satellite data like an ultrasound for baby stars
- UBC prepares to host Special Olympics Canada 2014 Summer Games
- ‘Microbe sniffer’ could point the way to next-generation bio-refining
- New chancellor, president begin UBC duties
- President’s Advisory Council on China announced
- UBC receives $2M gift from RBC Foundation
- Mobile app reads kids’ respiratory rate faster, more accurately
- Survey reveals discrimination, instability in Vancouver housing market
- Study reveals ‘unhappiest’ cities in the U.S. 23,832 views
- UBC This Week 05-Jan-2012 20,466 views
- UBC This Week 1-May-2014 14,976 views
- UBC This Week 03-April-2014 14,706 views
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences opens new Pharmacists Clinic 14,454 views
- UBC experts for B.C. election 12,555 views
- News media reinforce sexual exploitation stereotypes 10,772 views
- New Centre for Brain Health to unite research and patient care 7,330 views
- Scientists find brain region that helps you make up your mind 7,248 views
- 2014 UBC graduate snapshots 6,756 views
Court ruling means Tsilhqot’in lands never belonged to CrownThe Supreme Court decision to affirm the aboriginal title of B.C.’s Tsilhqot’in is a “game-changer,” says UBC's Millicent Nickason in The Vancouver Sun. Read more...
- Fri Aug 1 2014, 7 PM - 12 AM
- Student Union Building