UBC rallying to support Canada’s response to COVID-19
From students supporting frontline workers to researchers developing potential treatments and vaccines, here are just some of the ways the UBC community is doing its part to combat the global pandemic.
Research on COVID-19
UBC researchers are working to develop treatments and prevent the spread of COVID-19, bringing multi-faceted approaches to gain a deeper understanding of its impacts, and its cultural, social and historical context.
Meet the researchers and learn more about their projects responding to the COVID-19 outbreak across all disciplines.
- Researchers responding to COVID-19
- Research focused on medical responses
- Research focused on social and policy responses
Stories of UBC COVID-19 research
- From COVID-19 to the common cold: UBC scientists identify broadly effective, infection-halting compound
- Catching COVID-19 during pregnancy increases risk of hospitalization, premature birth: national study
- Dr. Pieter Cullis named 2022 Canada Gairdner Award laureate
- New nasal spray treats Delta variant infection in mice, indicating broad spectrum results
- Microbe-slaying copper applied to UBC buildings
Making a difference in the community
COVID-19 may have changed every aspect of life as we know it—but it is also restoring our collective faith in humanity as stories emerge of people quietly lending a helping hand in their communities.
Among them are many UBC students, faculty, alumni and staff.
This series, called Making a difference, shines a spotlight on the many ways—both big and small—that UBC community members are helping with the response to COVID-19.
UBC experts on COVID-19
UBC experts are available for media interviews on COVID-19 and various topics related to the outbreak, including public health, mental health, mathematics and disease modelling, business and economics, and remote working and learning.
Q&A’s with experts
- Children are entering a fourth school year in a pandemic — expert advice for parents
- COVID-19 vaccine and young children — expert answers for skeptical parents
- Your second COVID-19 booster is on the way—but when?
- A province-by-province look at excess deaths in Canada during the pandemic
- Pandemic shows how social factors impact health of Indigenous peoples