UBC experts are available to comment on various school- and education-related topics.
Socialization and learning
- Peer relationships, friendships, cross-racial friendships, bullying, social networking, ADHD
- English as a second language, reading, immigrant students
- Parental engagement in children’s education, math and science education
*Available after Sept. 2
- Learning disabilities, dyslexia, English as a second language
COVID-19, sleep, and health
- Effects of opening extracurricular activities on students’ sleep, particularly adolescents, returning school-aged kids to a good sleep routine, COVID-19 impacts on sleep routines.
- COVID-19 advice for parents with kids returning to school, vaccines, pediatric infectious diseases.
Education policy and administration
- School board politics, teacher contract negotiations, finance/funding, taxes, governance, special education
- University rankings, equity and education, cooperatives and education, educational policy
Inclusion and equity
- SOGI inclusion, equity in education, elementary education, talking to young children about difficult topics
Dr. Elizabeth Saewyc (she/her)
Professor and Director, School of Nursing
Director, Stigma and Resilience Among Vulnerable Youth Centre
Interview language(s): English
- How schools and families can support LGBTQ2S+ youth, LGBTQ2S+ youth health issues, health consequences of stigma and discrimination for young people