The B.C. government introduced new legislation today aimed at addressing systemic racism in B.C. UBC experts are available to comment.
- Community organizing on race data collection; possible uses of data for equity organizing and more equitable institutional decision-making; the politics of numerical data (and relationship to qualitative data and other modes of knowing)
*unavailable until Tuesday
- Collection and analysis of race and ethnicity based data; systemic bias and racism in employment and institutional settings; human rights claims-making and litigation
*unavailable after 5 p.m.
- Structural racism; the importance of data collection to achieve substantive equality
- Indigenous peoples’ human and legal rights, reconciliation, constitutional law, residential schools, missing children
- Evidence of racism in health and social services, how data collection can stall action, need for structural change, systemic racism
*available Tuesday after 11:30 a.m., Wednesday before 10 a.m.