Statistics Canada has released population and dwelling counts data from the 2021 census of population. UBC experts are available to comment.
Dr. Lawrence Frank
Affiliate Professor, School of Population & Public Health and Director, Health and Community Design Lab
Interview language(s): English
- Urban planning and public health
- General population trends
- Uncertainties regarding the census during the pandemic
*Available February 10th
- Census data
- Family statistics, including fertility rates
*Unavailable Feb 11th 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Immigration, immigrants in Canada, neighbourhood change
*Available Feb 10th and 11th from 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- Vulnerable populations
- Essential services
- Language, literacy and cultural identity
- Census as a political and administrative tool
- Multiculturalism, immigration