British Columbia will hold the Great BC Shakeout today as part of efforts to prepare communities in the event of a big earthquake in the region.
UBC experts are available to comment on the exercise and other aspects of disaster preparedness.
- Structure and dynamics of subduction zones
- Natural disasters: earthquakes and tsunamis
- Assessing seismic risk in buildings
- Leads engineering for Seismic Resilience Lab
* Available 1-2 p.m. and evenings after 6 p.m.
- Social elements of disaster preparedness and response
- Personal experience and an emerging ethnographic research focus on seismic mitigation programs in B.C.
* Not available between 1-2 p.m. October 15