Britain’s Supreme Court has ruled that Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s decision to suspend parliament was illegal.
Meanwhile, the IPCC Special Report on the Ocean and Cryosphere in a Changing Climate (SROCC) will be released on Wednesday. The report assesses the latest scientific knowledge about the physical science and impacts of climate change on ocean, coastal, polar and mountain ecosystems, and the human communities that depend on them.
UBC experts are available to comment:
British Supreme Court ruling
Professor, Institute for European Studies, Department of Political Science
- European politics; politics and economics of Brexit
- “The decision is a victory of the Parliament, and a defeat for the Johnson government.”
Co-lead author, Chapter five of SROCC
Associate Professor, Institute for the Oceans and Fisheries
Tel: +41 766 189 837
- Preview of the scope of the SROCC report
*William Cheung is in Monaco for the release of the report and is only available for interviews between 10:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. PT.
Professor, Institute for Resources, Environment and Sustainability
- Environmental policy; environmental assessment; climate change; biodiversity
Professor, Department of Geography
- Climate science and policy; climate change adaptation in the developing world; climate thresholds; ocean warming