UBC members are among 84 Canadians to be inducted Fellows of the Royal Society of Canada (RSC) – the highest honour a scholar can achieve in the arts, humanities and sciences in Canada.
Chemistry professor Mark MacLachlan will receive the Rutherford Memorial Medal in Chemistry for his work in the field of supramolecular materials chemistry.
UBC professors to be inducted Royal Society Fellows:
• Timothy Brook, Department of History
• Evan Thompson, Department of Philosophy
• Jamie Peck, Department of Geography
• Victor C. M. Leung, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
• Douglas W. Oldenburg, Department of Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences
• Richard Keith Humphries, Terry Fox Laboratory, BC Cancer Agency
• Peter M. Landsorp, Terry Fox Laboratory, BC Cancer Agency
The new Fellows will be inducted November 16, 2013 at a ceremony held at the Fairmont Banff Springs in Banff. For more information on the award winners, visit RSC’s website.