A new series brings UBC Music students downtown for lunchtime performances made possible by an anonymous donor. Six weekly performances will feature a variety of ensembles and genres, including piano solo, opera, instrumental chamber music, choral music, and big band jazz.
- Oct. 17: UBC Chamber Strings and string chamber ensembles.
- Oct. 24: UBC Opera Ensemble. Solo arias and ensemble pieces including preview selections of their production of Robert Ward’s The Crucible.
- Oct. 31: University Singers: A preview of their November tour to Colorado to perform at the National Collegiate Choral Organization conference at Colorado State University.
- Nov. 7: Piano soloists from the Keyboard Division
- Nov. 14: UBC Jazz Ensemble featuring the music of Stan Kenton
- Nov. 21: Wind and brass chamber ensembles: Mozart to Stravinsky
Place: Theatre, UBC Robson Square, 800 Hornby Street
Time: 12 p.m.
Info: Free admission. Open to the public. www.music.ubc.ca