Post-secondary leaders: Transit expansion needed to ensure campus access and boost region’s innovation economy
The presidents of the University of British Columbia and Simon Fraser University are saying “yes” in the coming transportation and transit funding plebiscite.Read more...
Professor Robin Lindsey, CN Chair in Transportation and International Logistics at UBC’s Sauder School of Business, says the proposed Congestion Tax is far from perfect, but may be better than the alternative.
With more than 100 million Facebook fans, his own museum, and a blossoming career as a male model with his own line of clothing, there’s no doubt Portuguese soccer sensation Cristiano Ronaldo is known for more than just his skills on the pitch.
UBC microbiologist J. Thomas Beatty, bioengineer John Madden and chemist Curtis Berlinguette are working across disciplines to develop a new generation of solar cells. Their inspiration? Mother nature.
A UBC-Chinese Academy of Sciences joint study shows that land cover plays as significant a role as climate change on the hydrology of watersheds.
The master’s degree that Samantha Hansford received from the University of British Columbia last spring was more than a personal academic achievement.
When you’re at the receiving end of partner abuse, it can be tough knowing exactly what to do or how to turn the situation around.
- The Province ‐ UBC women set to host Canada West Final Four on weekend
- Kelowna Capital News ‐ All-Canadian honours for Heat’s Klomps
- CBC ‐ Spring gardening tips: plant those cool-season veggies now
- Vancouver Sun ‐ ‘Hot’ money triggers alarm
- Vancouver Sun ‐ Irish doctor is new UBC dean of medicine
- News 1130 ‐ Increased Chinese investment in commercial properties
- Yahoo ‐ What plunging seagull numbers mean for killer whales’ survival
- Voice of America ‐ Intense exercise program not just for athletes
- Huffington Post ‐ Canadian universities attracting kids, especially girls, to sciences
- Financial Post ‐ B.C. vows measured response to Mount Polley disaster
- Quill & Quire ‐ UBC announces 2015 Basil Stuart-Stubbs Book Prize shortlist
- Global BC ‐ Home ownership for millennials – are they dreaming?
- Macleans ‐ As charity crowdfunding soars, accountability questions linger
- Kelowna Daily Courier ‐ UBCO celebrates research
- news.com.au ‐ Interviews with the trolls: ‘We go after women because they are easier to hurt’
- Edmonton Journal ‐ UBC’s CITR raising funds to preserve campus radio’s history
- Globe and Mail ‐ Why Finland doesn’t fear the growling Russian bear next door
- The Province ‐ New adult-education fees will harm B.C. jobs plan
- Times Colonist ‐ Four things needed to make pharmacare work
- Significant impact on water resources by land use change: UBC study
- Post-secondary leaders: Transit expansion needed to ensure campus access and boost region’s innovation economy
- Salish Sea seagull populations halved since 1980s
- UBC Engineering enrolls record number of women in 2014
- UBC students head to India to host international leadership conference
- How to rev up a sputtering relationship
- UBC graduate student helps unravel the genetic foundation of her own family’s tragedy
- High seas fishing ban could boost global catches, equality
- Caring youth-parent relations can be vital to preventing adolescent suicide attempts
- Pick a card, any card: Researchers show how magicians sway decision-making
- UBC’s first nursing school director celebrated as ‘person of national historic significance’
- UBC and University of Copenhagen share international professorship
- She wants to know what love is
- New UBC EMBA in mining to build next generation of leaders
- Cancer is not a game of roulette
- UBC Okanagan students examine social phenomenon of Cristiano Ronaldo
- Statement on sentencing of James Rupert
- Antibiotic-resistant E. coli detected on Vancouver farmers’ market produce
- Alumni UBC’s online project sharing platform supports those making a difference
- UBC Library acquires 800-year-old medieval Papal document
- UBC Engineering enrolls record number of women in 2014 2,093 views
- UBC Okanagan students examine social phenomenon of Cristiano Ronaldo 2,015 views
- She wants to know what love is 1,691 views
- Could Canadian homes be overvalued by as much as 30 per cent? 1,506 views
- Mindfulness-based program in schools making a positive impact: UBC study 1,412 views
- UBC graduate student helps unravel the genetic foundation of her own family’s tragedy 1,042 views
- Antibiotic-resistant E. coli detected on Vancouver farmers’ market produce 994 views
- Q&A: $7.5B transit plan goes to referendum this Spring 834 views
- Study reveals ‘unhappiest’ cities in the U.S. 781 views
- A place in the Sun: A new generation of solar cells 753 views
Vancouver needs a city-wide plan to manage growthPenny Gurstein, Director, School of Community and Regional Planning at UBC, on why Vancouver's urban success has come at a cost. Read more here...
- Tue March 3: 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Forest Sciences Centre Rm 1005, 2424 Main Mall