An extraordinary Papal document that’s nearly 800 years old has become a valuable teaching and research tool at UBC, thanks to a history instructor’s passion and the university library’s restoration efforts.Read more...
UBC Law alumnus Peter A. Allard, Q.C., has donated $30 million to UBC’s Faculty of Law, the largest gift ever to a Canadian law school.
This May, Crompton’s specialized computer lab will allow her and a team of digital humanist researchers to embark upon the creation of cutting-edge encoding of historical materials.
Throughout her career as a physician, Laura Magee has taken a restrained approach to use of blood pressure-lowering medication in her pregnant patients.
Local farming has been given a boost thanks to a $1 million investment from the Real Estate Foundation of British Columbia.
A social and emotional learning program started by Academy Award winning actress Goldie Hawn to help school children improve their learning abilities, be more caring, and less stressed is now backed by new
When a powerful earthquake devastated China’s Sichuan province in 2008, the disaster was too catastrophic for authorities to stay on top of events as they unfolded.
- New York Times ‐ Why your work-out should be high intensity
- Toronto Sun ‐ Fifty shades of GG? No thanks
- Global BC ‐ Disappearing shellfish on B.C.’s coast confounding experts
- Vancouver Sun ‐ Sandbox robot races test UBC engineering students
- Vancouver Sun ‐ Metro’s population? Too many, too few, just right?
- NPR ‐ You can be convinced to confess to an invented crime, study finds
- BBC News ‐ The strange case of babies sleeping in boxes
- Edmonton Journal ‐ Will Uber arrival mean a ‘race to the bottom’?
- Vancouver Sun ‐ Mount Polley tailings dam report to be released today
- Vancouver Sun ‐ Confusion reigns over 0.5-per-cent transportation funding tax
- Vancouver Sun ‐ Protect future of our students
- Metro ‐ UBC acquires 800-year-old papal document
- CKNW ‐ UBC students protest proposed rent hikes
- UBC Library acquires 800-year-old medieval Papal document
- $1 million in new scholarships for UBC athletes
- UBC physician does an about-face, based on her own research
- UBC Farm receives $1M grant from Real Estate Foundation of BC
- Mindfulness-based program in schools making a positive impact: UBC study
- Peter A. Allard, Q.C., donates $30 million to UBC Faculty of Law
- UBC receives $1.7 million from Canada Foundation for Innovation
- Crowdsourcing and chaos: how social media can save the day
- UBC launches video project to give voice to European minorities
- Taking the pain out of waiting
- Wilde times: rare book coup for UBC
- Astronomers use vanishing neutron star to measure space-time warp
- UBC scientists help avert a nuclear medicine meltdown
- Breathing in diesel exhaust leads to changes “deep under the hood”
- Heart problems triggered by climate change could devastate Chinook salmon stocks
- UBC astronomer confirms a new “Super-Earth” planet
- UBC releases its 2013 animal research statistics
- UBC scientist finds genetic wrinkle to block sun-induced skin aging
- Happy-go-lucky CEOs score better returns
- UBC team finds a glitch in hummingbird hovering
- Study reveals ‘unhappiest’ cities in the U.S. 5,187 views
- Peter A. Allard, Q.C., donates $30 million to UBC Faculty of Law 4,484 views
- Breathing in diesel exhaust leads to changes “deep under the hood” 2,194 views
- Mindfulness-based program in schools making a positive impact: UBC study 1,779 views
- Newly discovered three-star system to challenge Einstein’s theory of General Relativity 1,413 views
- Wilde times: rare book coup for UBC 1,372 views
- Crowdsourcing and chaos: how social media can save the day 1,156 views
- UBC scientists help avert a nuclear medicine meltdown 1,059 views
- Professorship in Sustainable Health Care established at UBC 699 views
- How big data can improve healthcare 613 views
Better food labels needed to make healthier choicesEven when Canadians want to make healthier choices, many don’t know how to begin -- and our food labels don’t help, says UBC professor John Millar. Read more here...
- Fri Jan 30 2015, 3:30 PM - 5PM
- Simon K. Y. Lee Global Lounge and Resource Centre