A professor searches for new meaning in one of the country’s most iconic photographs.Read more...
Seven University of British Columbia faculty members have been inducted into the Royal Society of Canada.
UBC, in collaboration with BetaLogics Venture, a division of Janssen Research & Development, LLC, has published a study highlighting a protocol to convert stem cells into insulin-producing cells.
- Vancouver Sun ‐ All of B.C. connected to family doctor still health ministry’s goal
- Vancouver Sun ‐ DarkVision takes $100,000 prize in competition
- Globe and Mail ‐ UBC attempts to correct a 60-year racial injustice
- Toronto Sun ‐ Children eat more vegetables if their parents went to college: study
- Toronto Star ‐ Three mothers help former Ethiopian refugee celebrate call to the bar
- Kids eat better if their parents went to college
- UBC prepares for big jump in speech-language pathology students
- Seven UBC professors elected to Royal Society of Canada
- New president pledges to boost UBC research excellence
- Diabetes researchers find faster way to create insulin-producing cells
- Chemical signals in the brain help guide risky decisions
- Globalization threatens benefits of an African ‘green revolution’
- Green neighbourhoods lead to higher birth weights: study
- Susan Danard to lead UBC Public Affairs
- UBC receives $3.5M for research into Canada’s oceans, new projects
- Young UBC researchers receive $5.7 M in Vanier, Banting awards
- Salmon forced to ‘sprint’ less likely to survive migration
- Criminal charges against former UBC assoc. prof: UBC statement
- The Paul G. Allen Family Foundation grants $2.6 million to improve data on world fisheries
- Fish study links brain size to parental duties
- Global study ranks world’s most efficient airports for 2014
- Antibiotics in early life may alter immunity long-term
- Stronger drunk driving laws lead to safer roads: study
- Vancouver campus safety enhanced, further improvements planned
- Powerful math creates 3-D shapes from simple sketches
- UBC This Week 1-May-2014 5,069 views
- UBC This Week 05-Jan-2012 4,761 views
- New Centre for Brain Health to unite research and patient care 2,711 views
- The Paul G. Allen Family Foundation grants $2.6 million to improve data on world fisheries 2,708 views
- UBC experts for B.C. election 2,627 views
- Diabetes researchers find faster way to create insulin-producing cells 2,604 views
- Study reveals ‘unhappiest’ cities in the U.S. 2,488 views
- Drugs targeting blood vessels may be candidates for treating Alzheimer’s 2,416 views
- Finding a job that hasn’t been invented yet 2,378 views
- ‘I belong to my community’ 2,302 views
Leadership lesson from Kofi AnnanPeople can learn a lot about how to lead from Kofi Annan, says UBC Sauder School of Business Dean Robert Helsley. Read more...
Four past and present UBC Thunderbirds women's volleyball players will lead Canada at the 17th FIVB Volleyball Women's World Championship.
Placing earthquake sensors in schools is step one of a UBC engineer’s vision for a life-saving warning network.
- Tue Sep 23 2014, 5 PM - 6 PM
- Old Barn Community Centre