Post-secondary leaders: Transit expansion needed to ensure campus access and boost region’s innovation economy
The presidents of the University of British Columbia and Simon Fraser University are saying “yes” in the coming transportation and transit funding plebiscite.Read more...
Professor Robin Lindsey, CN Chair in Transportation and International Logistics at UBC’s Sauder School of Business, says the proposed Congestion Tax is far from perfect, but may be better than the alternative.
With more than 100 million Facebook fans, his own museum, and a blossoming career as a male model with his own line of clothing, there’s no doubt Portuguese soccer sensation Cristiano Ronaldo is known for more than just his skills on the pitch.
Forest scientists at UBC believe they’ve discovered the root cause of a deadly tree fungus: extra genes.
Dr. Chan Gunn, a pioneering Vancouver physician in the field of pain relief, is giving $5 million to UBC for construction of a new building devoted to exercise and sport medicine teaching, research and patient care.
A UBC-Chinese Academy of Sciences joint study shows that land cover plays as significant a role as climate change on the hydrology of watersheds.
The master’s degree that Samantha Hansford received from the University of British Columbia last spring was more than a personal academic achievement.
When you’re at the receiving end of partner abuse, it can be tough knowing exactly what to do or how to turn the situation around.
- CBC ‐ Abalone harvest should be allowed for Gitxaala First Nation
- CBC ‐ Facebook request for photo ID angers Vancouver woman
- City TV ‐ Coastal First Nations Dance Festival
- Vancouver Sun ‐ UBC defends academic freedom over contentious vaccine study
- Metro ‐ Holistic meets western medicine in Canada
- Castanet ‐ Significant impact on water resources by land use change
- Vancouver Sun ‐ Post-secondary institutions key drivers of economy
- Calgary Herald ‐ Do vitamins help or harm?
- NBC ‐ As oceans become killing field, fish we eat dwindle
- Nature ‐ Complex societies evolved without belief in all-powerful deity
- Nature ‐ Gut microbiome: The peacekeepers
- The Scientist ‐ NYC rats harbour plague fleas
- Globe and Mail ‐ B.C. university heads say students will vote Yes to transit tax
- Globe and Mail ‐ Research roundup: Online disaster recovery
- Korea Daily ‐ B.C.’s transit referendum
- Vancouver Sun ‐ Lessons from Christchurch, New Zealand
- Global BC ‐ Saving UBC football
- Buzzfeed ‐ Probe of top universities finds huge growth in animal experiments
- Pain relief pioneer donates $5 million for new UBC sport and exercise medicine centre
- UBC scientists uncover cause of tree-killing fungus
- Significant impact on water resources by land use change: UBC study
- Post-secondary leaders: Transit expansion needed to ensure campus access and boost region’s innovation economy
- Salish Sea seagull populations halved since 1980s
- UBC Engineering enrolls record number of women in 2014
- UBC students head to India to host international leadership conference
- How to rev up a sputtering relationship
- UBC graduate student helps unravel the genetic foundation of her own family’s tragedy
- High seas fishing ban could boost global catches, equality
- Caring youth-parent relations can be vital to preventing adolescent suicide attempts
- Pick a card, any card: Researchers show how magicians sway decision-making
- UBC’s first nursing school director celebrated as ‘person of national historic significance’
- UBC and University of Copenhagen share international professorship
- She wants to know what love is
- New UBC EMBA in mining to build next generation of leaders
- Cancer is not a game of roulette
- UBC Okanagan students examine social phenomenon of Cristiano Ronaldo
- Statement on sentencing of James Rupert
- Antibiotic-resistant E. coli detected on Vancouver farmers’ market produce
- UBC Engineering enrolls record number of women in 2014 2,108 views
- UBC Okanagan students examine social phenomenon of Cristiano Ronaldo 2,026 views
- She wants to know what love is 1,693 views
- Could Canadian homes be overvalued by as much as 30 per cent? 1,523 views
- Mindfulness-based program in schools making a positive impact: UBC study 1,319 views
- UBC graduate student helps unravel the genetic foundation of her own family’s tragedy 1,043 views
- Antibiotic-resistant E. coli detected on Vancouver farmers’ market produce 996 views
- Q&A: $7.5B transit plan goes to referendum this Spring 842 views
- Study reveals ‘unhappiest’ cities in the U.S. 784 views
- A place in the Sun: A new generation of solar cells 773 views
Post-secondary institutions key drivers of economyThe presidents of UBC and SFU speak out about the upcoming transit plebiscite in this op-ed in the Vancouver Sun. Read more here...
- Tue March 3: 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Forest Sciences Centre Rm 1005, 2424 Main Mall