UBC business prof explains how stores fuel a buying frenzy, and what consumers get out of it.Read more...
UBC is part of a new research initiative aimed at upgrading the sustainability of Canada’s industrial sector by replacing its lifeblood — petrochemicals — with green alternatives.
- CTV BC ‐ What is consensual sex?
- National Post ‐ The Supreme Court of Canada won’t want this award
- National Post ‐ Justin Trudeau’s missile defence minefield
- Globe and Mail ‐ Robertson’s minimum wage pitch drives debate on cost of hike
- Vancouver Sun ‐ UBC dentistry professor to receive highest military honour
- UBC dentistry prof awarded top military honour
- UBC named partner in national Industrial Biocatalysis Network
- Three UBC professors receive $4M for Alzheimer’s research
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC launch new USL pro team and provide update on national soccer development at UBC
- Rare disease research awarded $2.3M
- Future of Okanagan and UBC directly linked: university president
- Founding Google investor Cheriton donates $7.5 million to UBC computer science
- New centre to analyze problem gambling
- Major new grant to fuel social innovation and entrepreneurship at UBC
- UBC makes football coaching change
- Countries with poor marine safety records linked to oil spill vessels
- UBC researchers aim to simplify life saving drug
- Black Republicans put most faith in U.S. government
- UBC puts $26.9 million to work for 70 research projects
- One drop will do: UBC researchers develop a simple test for vitamin B12 deficiency
- Indira Samarasekera welcomed back to UBC
- Rapid test to diagnose severe sepsis
- UBC gets $11.6M boost for 16 Canada Research Chairs
- Loss of big predators could leave herbivores in a thorny situation
- Enzyme may be key to stopping fatal sepsis outcomes
- Founding Google investor Cheriton donates $7.5 million to UBC computer science 2,012 views
- Canada joins the fight against ISIS 1,707 views
- Study reveals ‘unhappiest’ cities in the U.S. 1,435 views
- Group effort 1,206 views
- Street View for the Bronze Age 1,088 views
- The ugly truth about sexual harassment 952 views
- One drop will do: UBC researchers develop a simple test for vitamin B12 deficiency 880 views
- Casey Appleseed 835 views
- Doctor’s orders 807 views
- Upward Arc 796 views
No need for an election day holidayMaking an election day a holiday in Canada would be a bad idea, says UBC political scientist David Moscrop. Read more here..
The UBC Thunderbirds won the team title at the 35th NAIA Women’s Cross Country Championship in dominant fashion this weekend.
- Fri Nov 28 2014, 10 AM- 5 PM
- Museum of Anthropology