UBC experts are available to comment in the wake of U.S. President Barack Obama’s veto of legislation approving the Keystone XL pipeline.Read more...
Professor Robin Lindsey, CN Chair in Transportation and International Logistics at UBC’s Sauder School of Business, says the proposed Congestion Tax is far from perfect, but may be better than the alternative.
With more than 100 million Facebook fans, his own museum, and a blossoming career as a male model with his own line of clothing, there’s no doubt Portuguese soccer sensation Cristiano Ronaldo is known for more than just his skills on the pitch.
A UBC marketing and behavioural science professor discusses how businesses will be utilizing social media during the Oscars to reach consumers.
The master’s degree that Samantha Hansford received from the University of British Columbia last spring was more than a personal academic achievement.
When you’re at the receiving end of partner abuse, it can be tough knowing exactly what to do or how to turn the situation around.
- Vancouver Sun ‐ Policy tools can promote better farming jobs
- National Post ‐ Open letter to Parliament: Amend C-51 or kill it
- Vancouver Sun ‐ Pioneering economist literally wrote the textbook
- Vancouver Sun ‐ Divestment not a worthy cause for UBC
- Vancouver Sun ‐ Tax break a cash windfall for potential LNG developers in B.C.: UBC professor
- Vancouver Sun ‐ B.C.’s first science and business high school set to open this fall
- Vancouver Sun ‐ Our breakfasts transformed by a new generation and accelerated lifestyle
- Global BC ‐ Vernon city councillor concerned about overcrowded UBC Okanagan bus
- The Province ‐ Kits star Nixon powers T-Birds to 83-77 win over Wolves for one-game lead
- Metro ‐ A year ago, Vancouver vowed to become friendlier… so how’s that going?
- Toronto Star ‐ ‘Freezeway’ would let people skate through Edmonton to work or school
- Metro ‐ Robert Pickton and his victims to begin shooting in Vancouver
- Salish Sea seagull populations halved since 1980s
- UBC Engineering enrolls record number of women in 2014
- UBC students head to India to host international leadership conference
- How to rev up a sputtering relationship
- UBC graduate student helps unravel the genetic foundation of her own family’s tragedy
- High seas fishing ban could boost global catches, equality
- Caring youth-parent relations can be vital to preventing adolescent suicide attempts
- Pick a card, any card: Researchers show how magicians sway decision-making
- UBC’s first nursing school director celebrated as ‘person of national historic significance’
- UBC and University of Copenhagen share international professorship
- She wants to know what love is
- New UBC EMBA in mining to build next generation of leaders
- Cancer is not a game of roulette
- UBC Okanagan students examine social phenomenon of Cristiano Ronaldo
- Statement on sentencing of James Rupert
- Antibiotic-resistant E. coli detected on Vancouver farmers’ market produce
- Alumni UBC’s online project sharing platform supports those making a difference
- UBC Library acquires 800-year-old medieval Papal document
- $1 million in new scholarships for UBC athletes
- UBC physician does an about-face, based on her own research
- Mindfulness-based program in schools making a positive impact: UBC study 2,961 views
- UBC Okanagan students examine social phenomenon of Cristiano Ronaldo 1,995 views
- UBC Engineering enrolls record number of women in 2014 1,833 views
- She wants to know what love is 1,666 views
- Could Canadian homes be overvalued by as much as 30 per cent? 1,252 views
- UBC Library acquires 800-year-old medieval Papal document 1,179 views
- UBC graduate student helps unravel the genetic foundation of her own family’s tragedy 1,022 views
- Antibiotic-resistant E. coli detected on Vancouver farmers’ market produce 975 views
- Study reveals ‘unhappiest’ cities in the U.S. 800 views
- Q&A: $7.5B transit plan goes to referendum this Spring 757 views
Canadians should take privacy into their own handsUBC political scientist David Moscrop reviews recent legislation that impact Canadians’ privacy rights. Read more here...
1,000 alumni and friends of UBC will gather at the Vancouver Convention Centre Tuesday morning to reconnect over breakfast and raise money for student-athletes.
- Fri Feb 27 2015, 12 PM - 1 PM
- Student Recreation Centre