Local farming has been given a boost thanks to a $1 million investment from the Real Estate Foundation of British Columbia.Read more...
UBC Law alumnus Peter A. Allard, Q.C., has donated $30 million to UBC’s Faculty of Law, the largest gift ever to a Canadian law school.
This May, Crompton’s specialized computer lab will allow her and a team of digital humanist researchers to embark upon the creation of cutting-edge encoding of historical materials.
Throughout her career as a physician in Canada and the U.K., Laura Magee has taken a restrained approach to use of blood pressure-lowering medication in her pregnant patients, fearing that lowering pressure could reduce the flow of blood and vital nutrients to their babies.
UBC experts are available to comment on the Holocaust and the 70th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz, January 27, 1945.
A social and emotional learning program started by Academy Award winning actress Goldie Hawn to help school children improve their learning abilities, be more caring, and less stressed is now backed by new
When a powerful earthquake devastated China’s Sichuan province in 2008, the disaster was too catastrophic for authorities to stay on top of events as they unfolded.
- 24 Hours ‐ Oil crash bad news for BC labourers abroad
- 24 Hours ‐ 70-year Auschwitz anniversary remembered by locals
- CNN ‐ What’s the perfect job for you? Ask your five-year-old self
- MSN ‐ Things you need to know about money and happiness
- Huffington Post ‐ NDP’s small business tax cut would help the rich
- Discover Magazine ‐ A look at the Arctic’s different faces: from workable to extreme
- Globe and Mail ‐ Wine retail policy changes violate NAFTA, California vintners say
- Canada.com ‐ Canada’s fledgling medical pot industry hit by setbacks
- CBC ‐ Ontario to ban acquisition and sale of killer whales
- CBC ‐ Micro-condos: tiny units with big challenges
- CBC ‐ Goldie Hawn’s mindfulness program makes kids better at maths
- UBC physician does an about-face, based on her own research
- UBC Farm receives $1M grant from Real Estate Foundation of BC
- Mindfulness-based program in schools making a positive impact: UBC study
- Peter A. Allard, Q.C., donates $30 million to UBC Faculty of Law
- UBC receives $1.7 million from Canada Foundation for Innovation
- Crowdsourcing and chaos: how social media can save the day
- UBC launches video project to give voice to European minorities
- Taking the pain out of waiting
- Wilde times: rare book coup for UBC
- Astronomers use vanishing neutron star to measure space-time warp
- UBC scientists help avert a nuclear medicine meltdown
- Breathing in diesel exhaust leads to changes “deep under the hood”
- Heart problems triggered by climate change could devastate Chinook salmon stocks
- UBC astronomer confirms a new “Super-Earth” planet
- UBC releases its 2013 animal research statistics
- UBC scientist finds genetic wrinkle to block sun-induced skin aging
- Happy-go-lucky CEOs score better returns
- UBC team finds a glitch in hummingbird hovering
- New federal funding to enhance Canadian post-secondary research
- Legends of tennis Sampras and McEnroe to battle at UBC
- Study reveals ‘unhappiest’ cities in the U.S. 7,605 views
- Peter A. Allard, Q.C., donates $30 million to UBC Faculty of Law 4,347 views
- Breathing in diesel exhaust leads to changes “deep under the hood” 2,160 views
- Newly discovered three-star system to challenge Einstein’s theory of General Relativity 1,588 views
- Wilde times: rare book coup for UBC 1,352 views
- Mindfulness-based program in schools making a positive impact: UBC study 1,192 views
- Crowdsourcing and chaos: how social media can save the day 1,139 views
- UBC scientists help avert a nuclear medicine meltdown 1,051 views
- Professorship in Sustainable Health Care established at UBC 637 views
- How big data can improve healthcare 604 views
Answer to hunger is to raise incomesWhile the answer to hunger and food insecurity might appear to be food, it is not. It is a matter of income poverty, says UBC Emeritus professor of social work, Graham Riches, in a Times Colonist op-ed. Read more here...
- January 28
- Reaching out early and preventing suicide requires the help of everyone in the UBC community