UBC faculty are invited to innovate with the Faculty Information Literacy Toolkit. In partnership with UBC librarians, faculty members and students, the toolkit was developed to support the creation of research assignments and instruction that address students’ information literacy levels and needs.
The toolkit provides faculty with:
• Tips for developing a research assignment that addresses five key information literacy skills
• Resources and tools from UBC Library and other institutions that assist in developing student research skills
• An information literacy assignment checklist that offers a way to assess one’s own assignments
• Examples of assignments that focus on the information literacy skills of emerging academic researchers
• Additional resources and materials
For more information, contact Erin Fields.