In recognition of their outstanding contributions to the UBC community and their personal achievements, five staff members have been awarded the 2014 President’s Service Award for Excellence (PSAE).
This year’s winners are:
• Paola Baca, Associate Director, Undergraduate Admissions, in Enrolment Services (Vancouver campus)
• Penelope (Lebby) Balakshin, Biodiversity Research Centre Administrator at the Biodiversity Research Centre (Vancouver campus)
• Ken Day, Manager, Alex Fraser Research Forest, Faculty of Forestry (Alex Fraser Research Forest site)
• Erin Shannon, Manager, Academic Support, in Enrolment Services (Okanagan campus)
• Leah Walker, Associate Director, Education, at the Centre for Excellence in Indigenous Health (School of Population and Public Health) (St. Paul’s Hospital site)
Full citations for the PSAE recipients will be available this fall. For more on previous PSAE winners, visit the PSAE recipients page.