- Event: Peter Wall Institute International Roundtable discussion and public film screening
- Time/Date: May 7, 2014
Dr. Larry Firsch available prior to event
- Film screening: 7:45 p.m. – 8:45 p.m.
- Panel discussion: 8:45 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Location: Royal Bank Theatre in the Chan Centre, UBC
6265 Crescent Road, Vancouver
- Map: http://bit.ly/1iR6FZ2
UBC’s Peter Wall Institute for Advanced Studies, in association with the Music Therapy Association of British Columbia, presents an international research roundtable event following a screening of The Gift of Music: Stories of Music Therapy, a film that depicts the multi-faceted aspects of the music therapy profession.
The roundtable includes members of B.C.’s music therapy professional community discussing the effects of music therapy on common neurodevelopmental and neurodegenerative disorders.
Dr. Larry Frisch, clinical associate professor at UBC’s School of Population and Public Health and an avid musician, is available to speak to journalists about music therapy.
NB: Media are invited to attend and/or interview speakers. To arrange access to the lecture, please contact Nicola Johnston Beaudoin (Cell: 604-306-7331; email@example.com).